We need your consent to load Youtube.
We use a third-party service to embed video content. This service may collect data about your activities. Please read the details and agree to use the service to view this video.
Leave everyone behind – and the smartphone at home!
With the Forerunner 945 LTE multisport smartwatch by GARMIN you are safe and always reachable while travelling, even without a mobile phone. With LTE connectivity (subscription required), you can instantly reach the GARMIN IERCC emergency call centre in case of an emergency and key people are automatically informed in case of an accident. Share your current position and more with family or friends via LiveTrack – and let them cheer you on live via spectator messages. The GARMIN Forerunner 945 LTE frees you from unnecessary burdens during training and is the ideal competition watch to keep those at home up to date on the race action.
In terms of training planning, performance analysis and route navigation, the Forerunner 945 LTE is a sophisticated precision instrument that leaves hardly anything to be desired, even for demanding athletes. Compared to the version without LTE (prod. code: 2289503), the smart sports watch wins extra points with its additional features: The recovery time calculation has been refined and the improved interval training automatically recognises training units as well as pauses and provides you with exact pace information per interval. In addition, the Forerunner 945 LTE is equipped with a new heart rate sensor from the 4th generation.
Whatever your goals – your GPS multisport watch supports you with over 42 sports apps and daily training recommendations. Meaningful values about the training load, your VO2max, or oxygen saturation give you valuable insights into your performance level. Plan routes from home and let the pre-installed TopoActive Europe maps guide you reliably. Forerunner also keeps track of your daily activity, stress levels and sleep quality. And since it not only supports various smart functions, but also offline playlists and mobile payment via NFC, you can finally make yourself independent of your smartphone. Feel free to run – with the GARMIN Forerunner 945 LTE!
Safe and independent with LTE!
• LTE CONNECTIVITY: Leave your smartphone at home during your sporting activities. LTE connectivity keeps you safe on the move and connected to friends, fans and family (subscription required).
• EMERGENCY CALL PLUS: In an emergency, you can call for help even without a smartphone. With Emergency Call Plus, you can contact Garmin IERCC, the 24/7 Global Emergency Response Centre, via LTE at any time. Together with local emergency services, they coordinate the rescue and stay in contact with you thanks to two-way communication.
• ACCIDENT ALERT: Your Forerunner 945 LTE automatically detects a fall and sends an accident alert with live tracking to your emergency contacts or the IERCC via LTE if you don't respond.
• EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE If you do not feel safe or need help, you can directly send a message with your position to emergency contacts.
• FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY: With LiveTrack, friends and family can track your real-time position and even see your entire, previously planned route.
• LIVE EVENT ENABLING Automatically send up-to-date race information to family and friends without you having to do anything. While you're giving it your all on the course, they can stay informed about your pace, kilometres covered and more.
• SPECTATOR MESSAGING: Audio and text messages from family and friends can keep you motivated during the race, by cheering you on live (audio only with headphones connected).
Your performance – now even better!
• DAILY TRAINING SUGGESTIONS: Daily training suggestions for running and cycling provide training instructions that take yourself and also your fitness level into consideration. The suggestions are based on current data on training load and training condition.
• GARMIN COACH: These free, adaptive training plans consist guidance from experienced coaches and are adjusted to you and your goals. Workouts are synced directly to your Forerunner Triathlon Watch.
• SYNCHRONISE TRAINING PLANS: Get indoor and outdoor training plans from the Garmin Connect™ app or sync seamlessly with other platforms like TrainingPeaks® and TrainerRoad to your Forerunner 945 LTE.
• TRAINING EFFECTS: See how your workouts are building endurance, speed and power right on your running watch. This is possible through feedback about the aerobic and anaerobic training effect.
• RECOVERY ADVISOR: After each workout, the built-in recovery advisor tells you how long you should recover before another hard workout. This even includes the days’ stress level, sleep and daily activities in addition to trainings.
• BUILT-IN SPORTS APPS: Add some variety to your training with activity profiles for cycling, triathlon, pool and open water swimming, track training and more. During competitions and training, you can switch between sports at the touch of a button.
• OPTIMISED INTERVALS: In structured interval training, your Forerunner 945 LTE running watch automatically recognises your individual training sessions. Or you can switch between sections independently in open repetition mode.
• VO2MAX: Train smarter with VO2max. The value indicates your expected performance. It even includes performance changes that could be caused by heat or altitude.
• PACEPRO-FUNCTION: Optimise your power with PacePro, a dynamic pace setting that takes into account the course profile and whether you want to tackle the climbs moderately or ambitiously.
• RACE TIME ESTIMATE: The GARMIN Forerunner 945 LTE shows you your estimated finishing time for 5 km, 10 km, half marathon, marathon or an individually defined distance. This way you can better assess your performance and train specifically for competitions.
• PERFORMANCE CONDITION: Analyse pace, heart rate and heart rate variability while you run. This provides you with a real-time estimate of your performance capabilities.
• TRAINING LOAD FOCUS: This statistic tells you how your training load is distributed by intensity category, whether this distribution is balanced or focused, or whether it is deficient in one or more areas.
• TRAINING CONDITION: This value analyses your recent training sessions and performance indicators to determine whether you are getting in shape with your training, have reached your peak, or overloaded.
• WRIST-BASED HEART RATE MEASUREMENT: The GARMIN heart rate sensor of the 4th generation provides heart rate data and alerts when your heart rate remains too high at rest. Get a good idea for how hard your heart is working during activities – even under water.
• RUNNING EFFICIENCY VALUES: When used with compatible accessories (Running Dynamics Pod or HRM Pro chest strap), the device measures important running efficiency values such as running cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance.
• CYCLING PERFORMANCE: Connect the Forerunner 945 LTE fitness watch with a compatible GARMIN wattmeter (sold separately) to maximise your performance on the bike using Cycling Dynamics, FTP and advanced training methods.
• EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE: Your GARMIN won't wear out in everyday life or during extended workouts. Get up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 7 hours of battery life in GPS mode with music and LTE LiveTrack.
Maps, routes and more!
• COLOUR MAPS: Whether you're running through city streets or forest trails, the Forerunner® 945 LTE's built-in maps help you stay on track.
• PLAN NEW ROUTES: Create routes in the GARMIN Connect app or alternatively plan routes on other platforms, e.g. Strava or Komoot, and then sync them automatically with your watch.
• CLIMBPRO: With the ClimbPro function you’ll get automatic information about the remaining gradient and elevation gain while following a route or stretch going uphill. So you can see what is coming up and better ration your energy for the rest of the tour.
• NAVIGATION WITH TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS: Follow a route or track using turn-by-turn directions. From now on, you'll never miss a turn.
• FIND NEW ROUND COURSES: Enter a distance you want to run or cycle and get suggested routes to return to your starting point. The Trendline™ routing by popularity helps you find the best routes locally.
• MULTI-SATELLITE RECEPTION: Use multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) for more reliable, precise position information in difficult conditions than with just the use of GPS.
More for your wearable!
• PULSE OX SENSOR: The wrist pulse oximeter sensor measures blood oxygen saturation to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimatisation (not for medical diagnosis - more at Garmin.com/ataccuracy).
• BODY BATTERY™ ENERGY LEVEL:
Keep an eye on your body’s energy levels so that you know the best times for you to be active or to recover.
• MENSTRUAL CYCLE TRACKING: Use the GARMIN Connect™ app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Record symptoms, get information on training and nutrition and much more. With the menstrual cycle tracking widget and pregnancy tracker app, you can even view details on the wearable.
• GARMIN MUSIC: Download offline playlists from music streaming services like Amazon® Music, Spotify® or Deezer to your wrist, store up to 1000 songs and get the extra motivation for your activities (subscription to streaming service required).
• GARMIN PAY: Use your Forerunner 945 LTE to make contactless payments with Garmin Pay via participating providers and enjoy the freedom of being on the move without cash.
• SMART NOTIFICATIONS: Pair your smartwatch with your smartphone to display messages, emails, calls, appointments and news directly on your watch.
• SMART-TRAINER OPERATION: Operate your Tacx® smart trainers via ANT+® technology to get track simulations, automatic resistance changes and training prompts when using tracks or watch workouts.
• CONNECT IQ™ SHOP: Your smartwach, your style! Make your watch unique by downloading screen designs, adding data fields, and getting apps and widgets from the Connect IQ shop.
• PERFECT ANALYSIS WITH GARMIN CONNECT: You can upload your activities into the GARMIN Connect app for better interaction with the popular online community. Members can make connections, compete against each other, or even share results with others over social media.
Activation of the LTE subscription is possible via GARMIN Connect (cancellation via Garmin.com/subscriptions). A monthly subscription is available for €7.99/month (minimum term 30 days), an annual subscription for €6.99/month (minimum term 12 months). The LTE service includes:
• Emergency Call Plus via GARMIN IERCC
• Live Event enabling
• Spectator news
• An active subscription and a connection to an mLTE network (Cat M1 LTE) is required for all listed LTE functions. For LTE coverage, see Garmin.com/LTECoverage. For details on LiveTracking and safety, see Garmin.com/legal/ltesafety. No functions for SMS messages, calls or voice calls. You don't have to change your mobile phone provider.
• An existing subscription to a streaming service provider may be required to download playlists.
• For information on supported cards and participating banks for GARMIN Pay, visit Garmin.com/GarminPay.
• GPS time sync
• Automatic daylight saving time
• Alarm clock
• Sunrise/sunset times
• Wrist-based heart rate (constant - every second)
• Daily resting heart rate
• Abnormal heart rate alerts (high and low)
• Respiration rate (24x7)
• PULSE OX blood oxygen saturation (spot-check and optional all-day acclimatisation and during sleep)
• Fitness age (in app)
• Body Battery™ energy monitor
• All-day stress tracking
• Relaxation reminders
• Relaxation breathing timer (breathing exercises)
• Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
• Advanced sleep monitoring (sleep score & insights)
• Hydration (in Garmin Connect™ and optionally in the Connect IQ™ widget)
• Women’s health tracking/Menstruation cycle (in Garmin Connect™ and optionally in the Connect IQ™ widget)
• Heart rate measurement on the wrist (Garmin Elevate™ technology)
• Barometric altimeter
• Pulse Ox
Daily smart features:
• Smart Notifications
• Text response / reject phone call with text (Android™ only)
• Music features (smartphone control)
• Plays music
• Internal music storage (up to 1000 songs)
• Find my Phone feature
• Virb® remote control
• Smartphone compatibility: iPhone®, Android™
• Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
• Garmin Pay™ (more information as well as participating banks at www.garmin.com/en-GB/garminpay/banks/ )
• Downloadable display designs, data fields, widgets and apps (via smartphone using the GARMIN Connect IQ™ Store)
Safety and tracking features (requires connection with smartphone):
• Messaging for spectators (with active LTE subscription)
• Group Livetrack
• Live event sharing (via LTE or Android™)
• Incident detection during select activities
• Emergency assistance
• Assistance Plus (with active LTE subscription)
• Dual-grid coordination
Activity tracking features:
• Step counter
• Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset)
• Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
• Calories burned
• Floors climbed
• Distance travelled
• Intensity minutes
• TrueUp™ (switch between compatible devices and sync activity data)
• Move IQ™ (automatic activity detection)
• Garmin Connect Challenges application (via optional Connect IQ app)
Training, planning and analysis features:
• Heart-rate zones
• Heart-rate alerts
• Heart-rate calories
• % HR Max
• % HFR (percent of your heart rate reserves (maximum heart rate minus resting heart rate))
• Recharge time
• Automatic maximum heart rate
• HRV stress test (measures your heart rate variation while you stand still for 3 minutes, the result is an estimation of your stress levels, going from 0 to 100, with lower values indicating lower levels of stress)
• Heart rate transmission (sends heart rate data over ANT+™ to paired devices)
• Respiration rate during exercise (with compatible accessories)
• GPS speed and distance
• Customisable screens
• Customisable activity profiles
• Auto Pause®
• Interval training
• Optimised intervals (including open repetitions, interval data page, recovery page and automatic detection)
• Advanced workouts
• Downloadable training plans
• Energy modes: adjustable settings for battery use during activities
• Auto Lap®
• Manual lap
• Adjustable lap alarm
• Heat and high acclimatisation
• VO2 Max
• Training status (so you know whether you’re training effectively; includes further training history like VO2Max and the anaerobic threshold, which are compared to current data)
• Training load (combined heart rate and VO2Max data over the last 28 days, so you always train in your optimal zone)
• Training load focus
• Training effects (aerobic and anaerobic)
• Training effect labels (primary use)
• Optimised recovery time
• Daily training suggestions
• Adjustable alerts
• Audio prompts (optional, when connected to a compatible smartphone)
• End time
• Virtual Partner (compete against a virtual person)
• Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities)
• Automatic multi-sport activities
• Manual multi-sport activities
• Route guidance
• Garmin Live segments
• STRAVA functions (beacon, live segments)
• Roundtrip routing (running, cycling)
• Trendline™ routing according to popularity
• Auto Scroll
• Activity history on the watch
• Physio TrueUp™ (switch between compatible devices and sync training data)
• Available run profiles: running, treadmill training, track running (indoor and outdoor), trail running, ultra running, virtual running training
• GPS-based distance, time and pace
• Running efficiency (with compatible accessories)
• Vertical oscillation and vertical ratio (how much bounce is in your running movements and the cost-benefit-ratio of your stride length, requires compatible accessories)
• Ground contact time and balance (meaning the time between your foot touching the ground and it leaving the ground again and helps you run more symmetrically, requires compatible accessories)
• Stride length (real time, requires compatible accessories)
• Running cadence (number of steps per minute)
• Performance status (compares after 6 to 20 minutes of running your current performance to your average fitness level)
• Lactate threshold (determined by analysing your pace and heart rate , the point at which your muscles start tiring more easily, requires compatible accessories)
• PacePro™ strategies (with preloaded course)
• Run workouts
• Runtime estimate
• Running sensor compatible
• Available cycling profiles: biking, indoor cycling, mountain biking, triathlon, e-bike, e-mountain biking
• Compatible with cadence and speed sensors
• Time or distance alerts (when you reach a value you set, you get an alert)
• Routes (race against previous activities)
• Bicycle map (routable map for bike riding)
• MTB Grit and Flow (comparative values for the trail difficulty and how smoothly you descend)
• Laps and maximum lap power (with compatible power meter)
• Compete against activities
• Functional threshold power (FTP) (with compatible accessories)
• Vector™ compatible (advanced vector support)
• Compatible with ANT+ power meters from third-party providers
• Varia™ compatible (Varia Vision™, Varia™ radar, Varia™ bike lights)
• Available swim profiles: Indoor pool swimming, open water swimming, swim runs
• Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories burned, track log)
• Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories burned)
• Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly)
• Practice logging
• Basic rest timer (up from 0)
• Recharge timer with “repeat on”
• Auto recharge
• Time and distance alerts
• Pace alert (only for pool swimming)
• Countdown start
• Swim training
• Critical swimming speed
• Underwater wrist-based heart rate measurement
• Heart rate (real time data and statistics for intervals and sessions during resting phases, automatic download of heart rate data after swimming - requires optional HRM-Pro™, HRM-Swim™ or HRM-Tri™ heart rate chest strap)
Gym and fitness equipment:
• Available gym activity profiles: strength, cardio and cross-trainer, stepper, stair climbing, rowing machine, breathing exercises, yoga and Pilates
• Cardio workouts
• Strength workouts
• Yoga workouts
• Pilates workouts
• Automatic rep counting
• Available outdoor recreation profiles: hiking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, stand up paddling, rowing, kayaking
• Point to point navigation
• Real-time track logging:
• Back to start (shortest stretch back to the starting point)
• TracBack® (along the route so far and the route back to the starting point)
• UltraTrack Mode
• Around Me mode
• Altitude profile
• Distance to goal
• Barometric trends indicator
• ClimbPro™ ascent planner (with preloaded course)
• Auto climb for trail running
• Vertical speed
• Total ascent/descent
• Upcoming elevation profile (with preloaded course)
• Pre-installed TopoActive maps
• Pre-installed road and trail maps
• Supports downloadable maps
• Compatible with Basecamp™
• GPS coordinates
• Area calculation (over Connect IQ™)
• Hunting and fishing calendar (over Connect IQ™)
• Waypoint projection
• Solar and lunar calendar (over Connect IQ™)
• Xero™ Locations
• Information on approx. 42,000 golf courses worldwide downloadable from phone
• Yardage to front, middle and back of green
• Yardage to layups/doglegs
• Shot distance measurement (calculates the exact distance for shots played on the course)
• Digital scorecard
• Stat tracking (strokes, putts per round, greens and fairways hit)
• Garmin AutoShot™ (measures the shot distance and records shots automatically so that you can analyse them in your Garmin Connect™ account afterwards)
• Automatic Courseview updates
• Green view with manual pin position
• Hazards and course targets
• Handicap scoring
• Compatible with TruSwing™
• Round timer/odometer
Garmin Connect™ features:
• Synchronisation (transmission of training units) via Bluetooth Smart via smartphone or via cable with your PC/Mac
• Save, analyse, plan and share activities in social networks
• Live Tracking feature: show your friends or family your position in real time
• Grouptrack: track current position of your group members during your activity
• Upload training data
• Training plans:
• Map view
• Daily overview
• Diagram overviews
• Online challenges
• Comment the activities of other users
smartphone compatibility of Garmin Connect™ app (system requirements): http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/ble
Garmin Connect IQ™ features:
• Create individual display designs, integration of smartphone photos as display background
• Download apps and widgets for additional features
• Customise data fields
• Compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart (BLE) sensors
• Interfaces: ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart, WLAN, LTE
• Integrated accelerometer
• Electronic 3-axis compass with auto calibration
• Barometric altimeter
• Lithium-ion battery
• Display size: 1.2" (30.4 mm)
• Transflective MIP colour display (memory-in-pixel)
• Can be read easily in sunlight
• Resolution: 240 pixels (diameter)
• Five buttons for operation
• Waterproof rating: 5 ATM (for swimming and taking a shower)
• Lens material: Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX
• Material bezel: fibre-reinforced polymer
• Dimensions: approx. 44 x 44 x 13.9 mm
• Strap material: silicone (22 mm wide; Quick-Fit system for fast, tool-free exchange)
• For a wrist circumference of 128 to 218 mm
• Memory/History: 200 hours of activity data
• Music storage: up to 1,000 songs
• Weight: approx. 49 g
• Smartwatch mode: up to 2 weeks
• GPS mode with music: up to 12 hrs.
• GPS mode with music and LTE LiveTrack: up to 7 hrs.
• GPS mode without music: up to 35 hrs.
In the box:
• 1 x Garmin Forerunner 945 LTE GPS Multisport Watch
• 1 x EU power supply/charger (USB cable NOT included)
• 1 x quick start manual
• GARMIN HRM Pro™ heart rate chest strap (prod. code: 2308908)
• GARMIN HRM Pro™ heart rate chest strap (prod. code: 2173735)
• GARMIN speed and cadence sensor 2 (prod. code: 2290558)
• GARMIN Running Dynamics Pod running sensor (prod. code: 2260993)
• GARMIN Rally RK200 Pedal Watt Measuring System (prod. code: 2314165)
• GARMIN Rally XC200 Pedal Watt Measuring System (prod. code: 2314171)
• GARMIN Varia™ RTL516 Radar with rear light (prod. code: 2303599)
• GARMIN Varia™ RVR315 Radar (prod. code: 2303600)
We use a third-party service to embed video content. This service may collect data about your activities. Please read the details and agree to use the service to view this video.